Monday, May 9, 2011

Best In Smoke/ Matt Lang's Sweet Tat of Clint...

Matt has a killer tat of Clint from A Fistful of Dollars. Sweet.


post from Time Out New York:

Tattoo chronicles: Fette Sau's Matt Lang Posted in The Feed by Gabriella Gershenson on Nov 30, 2007 at 9:58pm

The other night at beertopia Spuyten Duyvil, I was momentarily distracted from my pint by one of the most arresting tattoos I have ever seen. It was Clint Eastwood, squinting at me from the chest of none other than Matt Lang, the 26-year-old (51 years Clint's junior) head chef at barbecue joint Fette Sau. (The hot photo comes courtesy of fellow bargoer Valerie Szczepanik). I couldn't help myself, and asked Matt some questions:

Man, how long did it take to get that thing done?
It only took, like, three hours.

Was the person who gave it to you some kind of a genius?
[Laughs] He’s just really good, I’ve been going to him for a while. His name's Dave Wallin.

Do you have other tattoos?
I have a whole Japanese piece on my left arm—cherry blossoms, wind and clouds.

Were you born in the spring or something?
No, I just really like Japanese art, so I decided to go with that. I got a bunch on my right arm too. They’re just random stuff.

Why Clint?
He’s a hero of mine, especially the earlier Westerns he was in. My favorite is The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Has Clint ever been to Fette Sau?

No, no.

Do you want him to come?
I don’t think he’ll ever make it. I have my doubts.

Do you have another tattoo in the works?
I don’t have enough money right now, so I don’t have any ideas currently. When I get money, that’s when I start thinking about tattoos.


No comments:

Post a Comment